Rapiers and Rapscallions
Character Generation Summary
From Honor + Intrigue:
Summary & Example of Character Creation
- Origin and Concept. Envision your character and figure them out before you try to “build” them.
- Divide 4 points up among the four Qualities (Might, Daring, Savvy, and Flair)
- Divide 4 points up among the four Combat Abilities (Brawl, Melee, Ranged, and Defense)
- Choose 4 Careers and divide up 4 points between them. The order of the Careers is chronological, and helps tell the story of your character.
- Select Boons and Flaws. You get 1 Boon for free, +1 more if you take 1 Flaw or +2 more if you take 2 Flaws.
- Derive Characteristics (Lifeblood, Fortune, Advantage) from Qualities, Boons, and Flaws
- Choose a Motivation, and come up with some Back-Story, if you haven’t already
- Pick some equipment and select some favored Maneuvers. Note which are Mastered.